Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Jury Summons

via


So.....
no, 
no, 
no. 

And Thank You.


That's right my friends and pals, no.

A jury of peers...my patootie.

I have sat on juries, willingly and unwillingly. If these are my peers and those of the defendant, well, I have a very inflated view of myself. (Which is quite possible, however, doubtful.)

F Minus by Tony Carrillo

I believe the entire justice system is broken.

ACLU.Org
The best part of this? If I refuse the summons?

Any person summoned for jury service who fails to appear as directed shall be ordered by the Court to appear and show cause for his or her failure to comply with the summons. Any person who fails to show good cause for non-compliance with the jury summons may be fined $1,000.00, imprisoned for not more than 3 days, ordered to perform community service, or any combination thereof. (***Title 28, U.S.C. Section 1866(g)***).



So, if I refuse to show up, the government takes my money and up to three days of my freedom.


If and when I am asked any questions, I will offer only a two word response.



That, in it's self, should make the lawyers dismiss me on the grounds that I am a troublemaker.


Go figure......

 
Ps. If you don't see any posts after September 28th, suspect the worst and call the media! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

...