Monday, May 5, 2014

Pure Virgin


I was cooking last night and for whatever reason, I read the ingredients of my black pepper.



My Pure Ground Black Pepper.

I expected to read, in this order:

Black pepper.

And that's it.


But, what I read was....

ALLERGY WARNING: MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF OCTOPUS EYEBALL, EAR HAIR OF MOUSE AND POSSIBLY PYGMY TOENAILS.
It did not even list the main ingredient as pepper.

I thought that rather odd.

So, I looked up the word pure.

 (1) :  unmixed with any other matter <pure gold> (2) :  free from dust, dirt, or taint <pure springwater> (3) :  spotless,stainless
(2) :  containing nothing that does not properly belong
b :  free from moral fault or guilt
c :  marked by chastity :  continent
e :  ritually clean
Weird, huh?

Well, I suppose that my pepper is free from moral fault or guilt.

Or is there, some strange pepper cleansing  ritual at the pepper mill?



That got me thinking of virgins. So, I looked up virgin.

a :  an absolutely chaste young woman
b :  an unmarried girl or woman

So, essentially, Pure.

So, I infer from that information, 

 any unmarried woman may

wear white on her wedding day.


And now the rest of the story....

Truthfully, on the side of the container of pepper where you would expect the ingredient list, there are no ingredients listed.

However, it does state:

ALLERGY WARNING: MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF MILK, EGGS, WHEAT AND SOY.

To which, I infer....

There is a cake somewhere in my pepper!

Black Pepper Pound Cake Recipe...found here

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

...