Tuesday, May 6, 2014

So, I lied....


I don't like liars and I really don't like lying. But, when your back is against the wall. Well?

A few months ago, I noticed Sampson had a boo boo on his foreleg. I am not really squeamish but I thought I knew what it was and I knew it was beyond my capabilities to help.

Sampson with his ears blowing in the wind and Snoopy coming up from behind.


So, I ended up taking him to the local vet. Being that I live in the middle of nowhere, I mistakenly thought that this would be a country vet.

I thought that somehow, Sampson had ripped off the upper pad on his foreleg. Ew, gross, not gonna look.
What it turned out to be was a piece of skin just dangling off his leg. Seems he and one of the other monkeys had a tussle when I wasn't looking.

The vet who looked at it said and I quote, "He will need surgery."

Excuse me?! He has a half inch of skin dangling and this assclown wants to anaesthetise my monkey and clip off a piece of skin.

Umm, no.

I told the vet to give me antibiotics and was on my merry way, vowing never to return to that vet clinic.
Seriously.

Sampson took care of his leg, no problem.

Smiling Baby Z with Photobombing Snoopy.

Well, now Baby Z got his ear chewed pretty bad in a fight which I inadvertently started.

I got my thumb chewed pretty good also. But that is neither here nor there.

Baby Z needs antibiotics and I need a prescription to get him antibiotics. Absolutely ridiculous.

Anyhoo.....

I'm not going to a vet.

I ordered what Baby Z needs off a reputable website.

But I need vet approval.

One of the options is to mail them the prescription.
Umm, sure, okay.

I should have the antibiotics on Wednesday.

Does anyone have any suggestions for future medication needs?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

...