Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Wasabi Peas

One of the funniest things I ever witnessed, happened a few years ago.

At the time I was managing a fine jewelry store. Near my location was a candy store filled with wondrous candies.

 via
via
Hard candies, gummy candies, chocolate, coconut...oh my, oh my!

Every few days I would restock the candy jar for the sales associates.

Jelly Bellys, M&M's, mints, etc.

But I am not really a sweet eater. Though, Jelly Bellys, I will eat the hell outta those.

Fun Fact: One pound of Jelly Bellys equals almost 400 beans!
Anyhoo...

One day, I discovered wasabi peas. I didn't know what they were and I bought about a quarter pound.
I'm adventurous like that.

I found that not only did I love wasabi peas, but an added bonus was that my associates hated them.
It was a hoot to watch them taste them for the first (and last) time. Priceless.

via


I was free to leave my tasty treats on my desk without fear that they would mysteriously disappear down someone's gullet.

Anyhoo....

One day, we were visited by the district manager. A rotund man, a man that was not familiar with the word no when it came to snacking. Now, keep in mind, I really liked this guy....but....

Here's the thing, I don't like people just picking up stuff off my desk by anyone, under any circumstance.

I saw him starting to reach for my wasabi peas and I had plenty of opportunity to warn him off.....but,
I didn't.

I stood back to watch this scenario play out.

via


Cecil, as that is his name, grabbed a handful.

He approached me in the middle of the showroom floor

and popped a couple of those hot little bad boys in, expecting a sweet morsel of yumminess.

It all happened in a split second, but I swear I saw it in slo-mo.

His eyes bulged out of his head

Sweat beaded up on his bald pate

His face turned red

And then he promptly spit out my wasabi peas on my marble floor.

Wasabi peas- via
"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME!!!", he roared.

My reply?

"My desk, my peas. No please, no warning."

He laughed and cleaned up his mess.

Then I offered him, with a smile, some green M&M's which he eyed suspiciously and declined.

Moral of the story?

Old dogs can learn new tricks.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

...