Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I'm a Murderer

It was a hit and run, sorta.

I did go back and assess the damage.
I had to go back and see if I needed to run over it again.

I was on the final dirt road going to my home.
I saw it and thought "How cool!"

Then I ran it over.

I truly did NOT want to run over it. But given my rate of speed and the fact that there was an oncoming car, I squished it.

I was still thinking "How cool!" Then it dawned on me. I ran over it.

I turned around and went back, to see if I needed to put it out of it's misery. But fortunately, I got it's head the first time. It would have been tough to line up the tires for a second pass.

I originally thought it may have been this.

via
That's why I thought, "Oh cool!"
I had never seen a rattlesnake in it's natural environment. Also, I was safely tucked away in my truck. That's the best way to view a rattlesnake, in my humble opinion.

But sadly, it was this.

via

Don't be fooled by the triangular head. This baby is nonvenomous, the non elliptical pupils give it away. It's a bullsnake.
I had seen one dead on my road a few weeks ago and looked it up. It eats small rodents like mice. So, it is my hero.

I feel badly that I killed it. And I will be certain to watch for them in the future.

Rest in peace, bullsnake. I suspect you will be a coyote's dinner tonight.

via


 

5 comments:

  1. I have no love for the snake in any form, venomous or not it its natural environment. However, they are fascinating behind glass. I will now have nightmares tonight because of your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, hate them all. I will probably have nightmares tonight. Run over as many cockroaches as you can though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Ha! You both have discovered one more of my hidden talents! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I should clarify that I DON'T have cockroaches but, we did when we lived in Hawaii. And I STILL remember how hard it was to kill/get rid of the little bastards. My theory is the islands were not formed on cooled lava but from dead cockroaches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flaming cockroaches running around the house. That's all I can see!!! HAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete

Signature

...