Thursday, June 6, 2013

Why I Love Baby Gays

via

Oh, how I love this invention! 

Oh, the misery of life, if I didn't own theses!


This awesome little product was invented in the 1920's by a man named Leo Gerstenzang. He stuck wads of  cotton on toothpicks and called them "Baby Gays". Please don't ask me, I haven't a clue.

And before you even ask. Yes, I live dangerously. I clean my ears with them. Yeah, I know, whatever!

But, this is not the reason I love Baby Gays. I swear to G O D I will never call them Q-tips again, for as long as I live!

Since moving to Colorado, I have had a major annoyance. No, not my job.

Moving to Colorado has given me a major case of the

Umm, yes, I said
Okay, here's the thing. I never had a problem with these little critters. I think it may be the lack of humidity here that makes my nose a little booger factory. Actually, they are not little boogers. These are monster boogers.

via
Yep, kind like this. Except for the short grey hair, the blue sweater and the over all depiction of me with my finger jammed up my nose trying to tickle my brain.
But the booger looks damn close. Except for the color.

Enter the Baby Gays!

More like, let the Baby Gays enter the nostril. Yep, that's what I do.
I am not so low as to dig a boogie out of my nose with a finger. That is just gross.

Speaking of gross, as if that thought hasn't crossed your mind. Let me just tell you this.

I have to twirl the Baby Gay around my nostril until it catches the offending booger, then I twist the Baby Gay around and around so the booger wraps around it. Kinda, something like this.

Yep, I knew you would look via
Just be glad I didn't choose one with a dab of tomato sauce on it. 

Anywhoo.... I use the Baby Gays twice a day. And I am happily booger free!

 

4 comments:

  1. Try a bit of vaseline on the tip of that Baby Gay. It will keep your nose from drying out so much in the low humidity, so those nasty boogers don't have a good surface to cling to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby Gays! Isn't that a hoot!! I will try your Vaseline trick. Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  2. I just about spit my iced tea all over my monitor, TOO funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is about the greatest compliment I could receive! Thanks 1st Man!

      Delete

Signature

...