Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving Unpinned

What I should have eaten....

photo source
I'm a "pinning" fool. I have so many things pinned, especially recipes.
For my Thanksgiving I decided to make a goulash.
I had Pinned a recipe created by Paula Deen's son, Bobby.

My expectations were very high.

Come on people, it had 124 reviews and was listed with a 5 star rating.
How wrong could that many people be?

While my Sara Lee pumpkin pie baked in the oven, I recreated Bobby's recipe.

Firstly, I did not recreate it exactly as the recipe stated. That should have been my first clue.

This is the list of ingredients, click photograph for full recipe.

1 tablespoon Paula Deen’s House Seasoning (read salt)
3 tablespoons soy sauce (read salt)
3   bay leaves 
2 tablespoons Italian seasoning 
2   (15-ounce) cans diced tomatoes (read salt)
2   (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce (read salt)
3 cup water 
3   cloves garlic, chopped 
2   large onion, chopped
2 lbs lean ground beef 
1 tablespoon Paula Deen Seasoned Salt (read SALT)
2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked ( I  used the whole 16 oz box)
***************************************************

The flavor was unremarkable to say the least.
And mushy macaroni, is a personal affront.

If you decide to "tweak" this recipe, let me suggest cooking the macaroni and add separately just prior to serving.


Basically I have 6lbs of stuff that I will end up picking at for a week. 
I'm thinking the monkeys have a treat coming instead.
Bobby UNPINNED!!!
And I did mention the "fresh" oven baked pie, right?
I followed the directions to the letter. Also, I own an oven thermometer.
Four inch center of pie, totally undercooked.
*Sigh*

Here's hoping you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

...