Wednesday, November 21, 2012

HOLES

"IN MY LIFE I HAVE MET THOUSANDS OF MEN ALL OF WHOM AT ONE POINT HAVE GOT A STICK AND SAT ON THE GROUND AND DUG A HOLE BETWEEN THEIR LEGS. DUG A WEE HOLE FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER. AND NO WOMAN I KNOW HAS DONE THIS." - BILLY CONNOLLY'S ROUTE 66

Well, I know Billy has never met me! As a child I was a tomboy, BIG TIME!  And I dug holes!

I was fascinated by the thought that if I dug down far enough I could see China.(Never mind about the boiling hot, flesh liquefying magma!) So, I would exploit the holes my trusty German Shepard, Bandit would dig.

I made a hole so deep and wide, I just knew I could reach China.

Well, I didn't.

But it was hot and I got tired and Hey, I was only 7 years old or so. Anyways, in this hole I brought down my toy box, two neighbor kids and Bandit. We covered it with a big sheet. We could stand upright in it!

Mom would not let me live in it.

Ah, childhood adventures. Anyways, Billy did get one thing right. Men will dig a hole for no reason but women? 

Here's a few of the holes I have dug all by myself. With photo evidence.





Silly Billy! Did you forget Mother Nature is a girl?

If you did not believe those photos of me digging all those holes then don't believe this....





No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

...