Saturday, November 3, 2012

Something Wicked This Way Comes...

I'm moving, in case you didn't know.
I created The Move list to keep me on track.

No where on this list does it say, Use up every bit of crap in your refrigerator to create unawesome, unappealing meals.

But that's what I have been doing.

Today's meal went something like this...This is so going to gross you out.
But, what's done, is done.

THIS IS NOT A TUTORIAL!

I took the last remaining piece of flounder out of the freezer and left it on the counter for TWO maybe THREE days. I'm not kidding.
Then I finally remembered, CRAP!!!!!
 Sooo, when I finally remembered that I had fish on the counter I did the next reasonable thing.


 I cut open the bag and smelled it.

Smells like fish to me.


Then, I rinsed off the flounder and made a batter coating that involved cornmeal, salt, pepper, Creole seasoning (which will remain anonymous, I really don't want to upset this great company with my grossness) and some....wait for it...wait for it....flour with moths.

*sigh*

Next, I went back to the freezer. I needed bread. I found one lonely roll dated July 29th. Oooo, BONUS 2012!! I threw that in the oven to warm up while I fried the fish.

I needed something to slather on the bread, rooted through my fridge and found mayo.
I didn't know I owned mayo.
I was afraid to look at the expiration date.

Now what's a meal without a veggie?

Back to the freezer I go!
Stir fry asparagus? No. Baby peas? No.
Brussel sprouts? But of course! But not any ordinary Brussel sprouts, these are freezer burned. Perfect accompaniment to this meal of....never mind.

How did it taste, you ask?

Actually not too bad. The fish sandwich was pretty tasty and well, Brussel sprouts are Brussel sprouts.

Bon Appetit!


 

1 comment:

  1. And you lived to talk about it, that's a good thing. However rotting fish and rotting onions has left quite a visual of your kitchen in my head, not to mention I think my house smells now from the subliminal nose message.

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete

Signature

...