Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Al Jazeera. Ummm....Hello

Hello Dear Readers,

Something interesting has happened to this little blog o'mine.

It seems I have caught the attention of a news media outlet.

Oh, not the local farm report for my in depth research of what to do with sixteen pounds of strawberries or my opining of dandelion jelly.

Would you believe that people are accessing my blog through an Al Jazeera news source?

I kid you not!

via


In the 2000s, the network was praised by the Index on Censorship for circumventing censorship and contributing to the free exchange of information in the Arab world, and by the Webby Awards, who nominated it as one of the five best news web sites, along with BBC NewsNational Geographic and The Smoking Gun. It was also voted by brandchannel.com readers as the fifth most influential global brand behind AppleGoogleIkea and Starbucks. In 2011, Salon.com said Al Jazeera's coverage of the 2011 Egyptian protests was superior to that of the American news media, while U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton also opined that the network's news coverage was more informative, and less opinion-driven than American journalism.

The above paragraph is from Wikipedia.

Who's next? CNN? The Weather Channel? PBS?

Should I be flattered?

Or hiding under my bed?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature

...